Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Tooth Fairy, PTC, and I'm a nerd

I'm happy to report that I did actually get a few things accomplished on Saturday. Found some cute jeans for Brittney, got the grocery shopping done, took Courtney to get her hair cut and it looks cute, returned stuff to a few stores... So that's good. We rented Knocked Up and then were too tired to watch it. Sean put it in for a few minutes before we took it back and what little I saw was pretty darn funny. So I guess we'll be renting that one again. And then we went to Mike's birthday party on Sunday and that was fun to hang out with everybody.

Yesterday was Parent Teacher Conference, which always makes for a long day. Sean picked the kids up and was busy running everyone around all night, so we were both pretty tired by last night. Lexi had a doctor's appointment, and all is well. Still in the 97th percentile for Miss Chubby. Brittney had a make up soccer game. Apparently she wanted to play forward, but the coach wanted her on defense, so she just figured she'd try to score from half field. One shot the goalie got, and the other went out of bounds behind the net. But hey, ya gotta try, right?

So Josh must have heard about the tooth fairy at school today, because he told me all about how it works. Everybody loses their teeth and then loses more teeth and they can't find them (because they're lost) and then the tooth fairy takes you someplace and gets you some money. Sounds like a plan to me.

So I'm a big nerd (not news to anyone who knows me) and I read the newspaper editorial section and get all mad and say how I'm going to write a letter to the editor, and once in a while I actually do. So here's the one I wrote the other day. I can't figure out how to make a link work, but here is the address if you want to copy and paste it into your browser. Or not. It's really not that exciting.

http://www.sltrib.com/opinion/ci_7056091

3 comments:

Lauralee said...

good for you.. nice letter. that seems like it is an issue in utah, private or charter schools getting tax money.. it is not an issue at all here. it doesn't happen.. well not that I know of.. private schools around here are christian, or catholic.. nothing else..

nice tooth fairy story.. good for brittany for trying!

the party sounded fun..

Shannon said...

Thanks... my brother told me that a bunch of people had commented on my letter and I was like... I don't even want to know what they said. It just discourages me.

Kerri said...

Way to go, Shannon. I think it's fantastic that you got printed. Woo-hoo!