We went up to the lake and went camping yesterday. It was 40 degrees when we woke up this morning, and that's just too cold for me. But it was beautiful up there, as always. One of my favorite places to go.
The lake through the trees
Courtney and Josh taking a walk
Brittney climbing a tree
School is going pretty well, I think. I'm supposed to write up a little blurb about the last book I read for my principal to display in the office, and as an English teacher I feel the need to Represent. The actual last book I finished was #14 in the Stephanie Plum series. I feel like I need something more high-brow and dignified than that... Ethan Frome or Discourses on Mark Twain or something scholarly sounding. Hmmmm..... I'm in the middle of reading a Dean Koontz novel and a biography of Kurt Cobain. Are either of those any better? Oh well. Guess I should just fess up and be myself, right? I realized one day that I am totally the Michael Scott of teaching! Sometimes the kids' negativity just sucks the life out of me... School sucks so bad, homework sucks so bad, everything sucks so bad... and I get all pissed off... like the Prison Mike episode! One day I could snap and do a Prison Mike on my class... You think school sucks worse than prison? Me wearing a do-rag and trying to be tough LOL Sometimes it just sucks the life out of me to feel like the enemy. Luckily I do have some fun classes and we laugh a lot, but I also have a few that I want to smack... there are times when they're giving me that blank-look-rolly-eyed stare, and a former student will wander into class to bring me a treat or to give me a hug or wave "hi" and I just want to say, "See! Some of my students do like me, really! I promise!" LOL
2 comments:
You're my kind of girl, Lexi! Sometimes, I sneak the chocolate syrup and hide too!
Prison Shannon made me laugh. You're a great teacher. And way to go, Lexi.
Post a Comment