Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Back to School

Everyone went back to school last week at our house. So far, so good. I think. We're all still alive, anyway. My wallet, however, is dead. Deflated. School registration fees.... School supplies... Activity fees and class fees.... I'm up over $400 and still not finished. Oh well. It's worth it.

Seeing how I'm not one of those kind of moms (you know, the good kind) who remember things like, oh, taking pics before rushing out the door in the morning.... my first day pics of the girls are from *after school.

First day pics:




Josh and Lexi didn't start daycare until Thursday of the week we all went back. I totally didn't even think to take their pics that day. So here are some random pics of them that I'll pretend are from the first day. Hey, that's the shirt Josh wore, so no one will know. Except that I told you.




My birthday was last week. Sean fixed me a great dinner, we had pie, unwrapped presents. Then we went out to dinner with my mom and siblings on Friday, and that was lots of fun! I wish we could get together more often. We had an interesting debate/discussion and some tasty food.

For Labor Day weekend we went to Lava Hot Springs and then stayed over in Pocatello. It was really nice to get away with the kids for a little while.


Sean and Britt at the pool


Sean and Britt jumping off the tower


Joshy


Sean jumping off the highest tower

Messing around at the hotel:





At the fabulous Pocatello zoo:








This school year is shaping up to be a difficult one, but I think it will be rewarding as well. We have a few more weekend camping trips planned, so hopefully that will help me get through the weeks with something to look forward to. Josh and Brittney start up soccer this Saturday, and I look forward to that as well. Josh should be pretty cute. He was so excited when he got his uniform. He immediately put it on, had to demonstrate how fast he can run in it, ran around kicking a pretend ball, and slept in it that night.

8 comments:

Lauralee said...

great pictures.. who cares if they were after school..

my girls started today.. luke starts friday...

oh I remember the pocatello zoo.. those bears stunk so bad.. and it was soooooooo HOT

the begining of the school year is always so expensive.. I was surprised to learn in utah at least in elementary school, you don't have to buy school supplies.. that is pretty darn cool!

Shannon said...

I think it varies by district, and maybe even by school, because we've always had to buy school supplies in elementary.

Anonymous said...

Shannon the pictures are fantastic.Y agotta love quality family time whether it's jumping off of a high dive, or hanging out with orangotangs (sp). The kids are growing so fast. It's good to see how the older ones hang with the little ones too. And so it all begins again,eh? It makes life interesting. Glad you had a good birthday too.

Kerri said...

Your girls are so beautiful. I'm always shocked to see them be so old. It looks like the Lava/Pocatello weekend was a success. Hope your week is going well.

Heather said...

Watching Sean jump off that high dive makes my stomach churn! That's really high!

I am broke, too. It takes a lot to send Pete back to school!;)

Shannon said...

Yah, you'd be doing the happy dance if you could sent Pete back to school for $500! LOL

Hayes Family said...

Shannon, looks like a great end to the summer. I hear ya on the back to school expenses, UGH!!! It's just money right? These darn spoiled kids. :)

Becky said...

Beautiful family