Saturday, March 3, 2012

Harlequins & Other Stuff

Well, the Harlequins are now officially an independent junior roller derby team.
We voted on it a week or two ago, and we all feel really good about it. We have an awesome coach, and Wasatch Roller Derby is helping us out with an affordable practice facility. We also have use of a bus now for carpooling out to the practice facilities in Salt Lake. The team captain's parents bought it with some other uses in mind as well, and the dad got his CDL and drives them. It's so awesome. Brittney came home from practice last night with all kinds of war injuries. I'm surprised she's up and walking today.

I am planning the March Party today, and I told Lexi we were going on a hike and a picnic. She said in this sweet little girl voice, "Clearly... our picnic will be eaten by ants." And rolled her eyes. "Ants and worms. Because they crawl on the grass, so we will need a placemat or something." OK there, sassypants.

I really feel the need to declare how much I hate Harriet Cole and all of the people who write to her. They always have the most inane loser questions, and her advice stinks. I read her column every week just because I enjoy being annoyed, I guess. Also, I hate Rick Santorum. Passionately.

Two of Josh's favorite things right now are a household-items science experiment book I got him and his Criss Angel magic kit that Courtney and Curtis gave him for Christmas. He's been doing magic tricks and trying to get me to let him do science experiments for the last 2 days.

Not sure what Lexi ended up having, but she felt much better yesterday and is back to normal. Thank goodness.

I'm off to do the grocery shopping.

No comments: