Monday, March 19, 2012

How I Kick Butt

I kicked some grading butt this weekend!! I got all those essays graded, plus a few other assorted things. Grades are in, classroom is clean, desks are rearranged, list is all checked off. I rock.

I think I need a new job. I enjoyed working by myself way too much yesterday. I need a job where I don't have to talk to anyone. Maybe I should go back to the post office.

Yesterday I had one of those moments parents live for. Brittney said, "I know you've been advocating that for a really long time, but I never really realized how right you were until now." Aw yeah. Mom knows what she's talking about! Granted, we were talking about how foods should be kept separate and not mixed together all nasty and casserole-like, but still. It's good when your kids realize you are right about stuff.

Brittney's derby team was invited to skate in the Saint Patrick's Day parade in Salt Lake on Saturday, but she had training at Lagoon. Bummer. Welcome to real life, mija. She got to go with her team to watch the Junction Roller Dolls bout that night, though, and they had fun there, so that was good.

There is a discussion on Feminist Mormon Housewives about spiritual gifts, or lack thereof, and poster Amy said, "I feel like I have been given the gift of skepticism and irritation." Ha! Totally me too.

Today is the first day of fourth term. It's going to fly by. I can't believe how fast this school year has gone. It seems like it just barely started, but if I think back, Christmas does seem like it was months ago, and I can't even remember Halloween, so I don't know... Time is a tricky thing.

I got a new poster that I've been wanting for my classroom for a while. I hung it by my desk.



It has the text of the essay/letter that Brian writes on the side of it:
Dear Mr. Vernon, we accept the fact that we had to sacrifice a whole Saturday in detention for whatever it was that we did wrong. What we did WAS wrong. But we think you're crazy to make us write this essay telling you who we think we are. What do you care? You see us as you want to see us... in the simplest terms and the most convenient definitions. You see us as a brain, an athlete, a basket case, a princess and a criminal. Correct? That's the way we saw each other at seven o'clock this morning. We were brainwashed.

Probably most people think I'm weird, but I likes what I like.

Auto Zone started summer hours this week, so now Sean has to work until 10:30 instead of 9:30. Yuck.

Hmmmm.... that's all I can think of.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Femenist Mormon Housewives???? Where can I join that one?