Christmas Eve we had our traditional Chamberlain family party. It was lots of fun, as usual. Great food, great company, lots of laughs, lots of presents.

cousins picture


Now that is a hot looking crew there... a couple that aren't smiling, one in total meltdown, I look like I could be a linebacker for the Chicago Bears with those giant shoulders...

Josh being wrestled to the ground by Kaden and Spencer
Brittney is doing paper cutting on luminarias for a geography term project, and I was hoping she'd be done with them in time to put them out for Christmas this year, but she's still working on them even now. She's putting tissue paper behind the designs she cut out to make a stained glass effect. So we'll definitely save them and try them out next Christmas.
I didn't take a single picture Christmas day. Sean was videoing, so in my head I guess I figured pictures were taken care of. I don't know if anyone got That One Thing they really wanted, but I think everyone got something they liked, so that's good enough. It was a nice day. That night Dennis and Marilyn came over for dinner, and Katie, Scott, Wendy, and the little folks came over to hang out. We had a nice visit with all of them, and it was just a really fun night for me.
Most of our break has been spent alternating between relaxing, watching stupid stuff on TV, organizing, and eating.
Sean took a few days off this week, and it was fun having him home. New Year's Eve everyone from both of our families that was in town came over. We even got lucky and had Sean's cousin's family from Arizona. We had so much good food and played games and the cousins all got to play together. I think we had 22 kids ages 18 & under. Crazy fun.




Sean getting shrink wrapped-- Cami and Mindi heard of this fun shrink wrapping thing and were doing it to everyone. It was pretty hilarious

Cute penguin appetizers that Katie made
So now it's time to go back to work and school. No one is too thrilled, but it's always good to get back to some schedule and order after all of the excess and laziness. Courtney starts a new semester Monday, and Brittney and I have 2 weeks left in ours. I have papers due when we come back, so I'll be reading and grading like crazy to get them all done for term end grades. Josh has a few weeks and then goes off track.
Lexi told me today that she wants to go to Las Vegas because she loves Las Vegas and they have a swimming pool there. I am totally in agreement. So tonight I'm going to look up prices for Spring Break. Also, looking at making some camping reservations for Memorial weekend and dreaming about summer. Dennis told me yesterday that he can't wait until we go up to Pineview this summer because it will be so nice to be warm again. I thought that was cute, and I totally agreed with him.
Now that a new year has begun I think it's time to start the monthly goals again. So, here goes. Let's see what I can come up with.
January goals:
*Lose the 4 lbs I gained over the last while
*Go to bed by 11:00 pm
*Stick to my grocery budget
*Make a year financial plan
*Start doing family fun night with my family again (and Sean's... I think we were trying to do that too... Did we do it? Hmmmm.... It's all a blur)
Not too original, but all things I'd really like to do.
1 comment:
We had a lot of fun hanging out with you guys over the holidays. We definately should start the family fun nights again. BTW, when Korn-Coming Undone started playing on your blog, David totally started dancing. It's the first time I've seen him dance - funny.
Post a Comment