Monday, August 12, 2013

Weird Kids and Summer Stuff

Kids are so weird.  I love them.  After school Josh's friend said, "It's so hot today, right when I walked outside I broke into like 3 sweats." Hmmmm...   Do we have to count them all separately?   I didn't know that was a thing, but now I think I will do that.

Tonight Josh was going outside and he's all... Mom, I want to see if I fart when I run, if it will make me go faster.  Uh huh.  My little genius.  I really worry about that kid.

Yesterday at the splash pad, Lexi came running over to tell me that there was a BEE!  And the all the kids were yelling BEE!  And then Josh came wandering over a minute later all... "So, there was this bee?  And everyone was all freaking out?  So I flicked it off.  C'mon people.  Be a man."  Ha!








Omigosh this weather.  This freaking weather.  It has been so beautiful.  I love it so much.  I need at least another month of 90+ degrees.  Utah is bitter cold and gray and brown and just ugly for so much of the year... I love these blue skies and the puffy white clouds and the heat.

We've been having some good times...  Courtney's wedding, which will be getting its own post; a Chamberlain family party; a Rasmussen Sunday dinner; visiting at the pool with Lauralee, Mindi, Cami, and Marilyn; a picnic at the castle park with the Rasmussens; and the splash pad with Josh and Lexi and Sean.

Next up:  Davis County fair, hopefully with Heather, Scott, Wendy, Katie, and assorted children; camping at Pineview with Scott, Wendy, and Katie, and assorted children; possibly a Lagoon afternoon.  Gotta squeeze every last drop out of summer vacation before I have to go back to work next week.

No comments: