Tuesday, June 11, 2013

School's Out For Summer....

Last weekend we went camping at Rockport.  To continue my "View From Under the Awning" photo series, in contrast with our lovely view at Moon Lake, this was the view sitting in front of the trailer at Rockport.  Every once in a while, luckily not too often, but every once in a while the smell matched the view.   Oh well.  We had fun.  The big excitement for the kids was catching a giant nasty sucker fish with Sean.  He hates them.  He won't even touch them.  It makes me laugh.  We took a hike and the kids rode their bikes and did a lot of fishing.  We were going to go to the Ranger Show (childhood memories of Lake Powell and the Ranger Show!!  I was so excited), but they didn't get back from fishing in time.  Next time.



School is out.  My tradition is to relax and do absolutely nothing the first Monday and Tuesday of summer.  It hasn't worked out that way exactly this year, but I've got time.  I'll get some relaxing in.  It's always an adjustment the first week or two of summer, and I always struggle with some depression, but this year hasn't been bad at all.  Thursday, which was yearbook day, was the hardest.  Ever since then I've been fine, so that's a relief.  Got lots of wedding-related stuff done today, and we will have a few big things crossed off the list by the end of the week.  Feels good.

Only one more baseball game left.  It's been so fun to get out in the sunshine and watch these cute boys play.  I really like Josh's coaches.  One of the assistants in particular is just so good with them.  He gives them advice and encouragement in just a perfect way.  We were walking toward our car today and he made a point of chasing Josh down to tell him "Good game, son," and pat him on the back.  Josh isn't a star player, he didn't do anything extraordinary today...you can tell the coach just really wants to build each boy up.

I'm so excited for my hot date on Friday night.  Tim McGraw/Brantley Gilbert concert.  

1 comment:

Heather said...

The Ranger Show!! Yes!! Sorry you missed it. Next time you'll have to make it. :)