Friday, January 27, 2012

Weekend Update

It's a pretty quiet night around here. Sean took Lexi up to his grandpa and dad's house to watch Gold Rush with them. He does that every Friday night. Courtney and Josh bought a new fish tank and have been busy all night assembling it. Brittney is asleep with a headache. I just finished cleaning the house and folding a billion loads of laundry. I always watch Hoarders while I fold laundry for some reason. Maybe it makes me feel better to watch it when I'm doing housework or something, because that's the only time I ever watch it. Now I'm going to read the latest Patricia Cornwell novel and not move until I fall asleep.

This week has been fairly good. Brittney got her driver's license on Monday, so that's really nice.

Last week Brittney got the chance to meet and hug the man of her dreams. She and one of her best friends found out that the guys from The Buried Life TV show were speaking at UVU and talked her friend's mom into taking them down there. So they skipped school and went. She and her friend have a list of things they want to do, and one of the things on it was to hug all 4 of these guys, and they got to cross that off the list. They got autographs, hugs, kisses on the cheek, and Brittney got to have a full-on conversation with the one she's in love with. A pretty good reason to skip school in my book.


Brittney's best friend Kylie in the middle in the striped hoodie with Duncan, the man of her dreams, and Brittney on the end


Brittney with her future husband, Jonnie Penn (and some other random girl)

Sean's fix-it-shop has been open for business lately. He fixed some stuff on my car for me, and he fixed my washing machine. Hallelujah. It would only spin on random occasions when it felt like it, so doing a load of laundry was an all day affair. I was not wanting to buy a new one, and he was able to figure out that what was wrong with it, buy the part for $50, and get it working again. Yay for that. He's going to be working all weekend, so no fun plans for us. I think I'll be doing the grocery shopping, trying to keep kids from killing each other, and reading my novel.

No comments: