Josh went to baseball camp for 3 days. He liked it enough to go without complaint, but didn't love it. Eh. He's on a golf kick right now and wants to go golfing. Which kinda stinks cuz that's a sport we all hate, but whatever.
The weather and our schedules finally cooperated so that we could do some boating this month. We've had a faulty battery, a blown trailer tire, and Sean rebuilt the carburetor and made some minor adjustments to it; I'm hoping that's it for repairs and we can just play with it now. I'm ready for a trip to Bear Lake. I think that sounds fun.



Our family Pineview trip went well. I had a good time; hopefully everyone else did, too. The weather was just about perfect and the wave runners were a blast. Our tube popped a huge hole, so that was a bummer, but it was pretty freaking hilarious when Sean, Max, and Curtis tried to get one more ride out of it. I was pulling them around, but they were a sinking ship. Wish I'd had my camara.









Going to the Pioneer Day parade in Bountiful and fireworks afterward is a really fun tradition in Sean's family. Then we did fireworks and homemade ice cream at Cami's house the next night. So, starting with the big camping trip and ending with the fireworks, and everything in between, pretty much the whole week of the 24th ends up being one big party for the Chamberlains.


Courtney and I went together to get tattoos for our birthdays. Mine went through several incarnations and different drawings before the artist and I came up with the final design. I really love it. It's a tribal butterfly and heart on my ankle. I have 2 more tattoos that I want, maybe 3, but as I was getting this one I thought, "Ya know, maybe one's enough." It hurt! You know, like it does when someone pokes you with a needle thousands of times. But now I'm back to considering a few more. I'm not one that would want a ton of ink all over myself, although I can appreciate the art of it on other people, so we'll see. Courtney got stars on her shoulder, and they are really cute.
If I were into getting something bigger, I would totally get this one on my bicep. I love it.
Heather is here visiting, and it is so good to see her. So happy to get to hang out and annoy her in person instead of just over the phone. We had a little family party Sunday night. David was cracking me up.


Sean and I went to the Bee's game last night. I love baseball. The weather was cool, and it rained, but our seats were under the little overhang, so it was just about perfect. Not too hot, and we didn't get wet.
Summer is speeding by so quickly and I still have lots to do. The big project is the upstairs flooring. I think that we are doing wood laminate, like miles of it, and doing it ourselves. So that could be cool, or it could be a hot mess disaster. We'll see which, I guess. I have to start on all the prep work, though. Blarg. It will be worth it when it's done. Unless it's a hot mess disaster, in which case I'll cry.
1 comment:
Cool pictures Shannon!
Post a Comment