So we took the kids down to Las Vegas for a few days just to get away. The driving part wasn't so great, but the rest of the time we had fun. As per usual in Utah, we left in a snowstorm.
Sean ready for vacation (that streak in front of his face isn't a booger... it's some snow streaking by or on the camara):

Kids at the pool:








Josh and his new little buddy:

The only picture of me I like:

Saturday morning was the Davis County Democrat Convention. I wouldn't really classify that as fun, so much, but it was interesting and I'm glad I went. I really liked what Mayor Peter Corroon had to say, and I think he'll make a good governor.
Saturday night Sean and I headed out to Wendover to see Vince Neil in concert. It wasn't the best concert I've ever seen, for sure, but the band was really good. His drummer, Zoltan Chaney, is one of the funnest drummers I've seen live. He was so fun to watch. Vince Neil's voice still sounds good, but he sang the songs in an annoying way. Plus, he's a tool. He started 30 minutes late and didn't do an encore... which, to me, no encore is pretty much like flipping the middle finger to your audience. But we still had fun. Marilyn watched the kids last minute for us because we forgot Brittney had a birthday party and Courtney had to work, and neither got home until 8:30ish. So that was really nice of her.
So, it's back to the old grind now. I have to admit, though, that it's good for me to be back on a schedule. It keeps me sane. I'll try to remember that tomorrow morning at 5:15 when the alarm goes off.
5 comments:
That looks like a lot of fun! I'm glad you got to get away. It's always hard to go back to work after a break. Ugh. And 5:15 is REALLY early. That pool looks really nice...
You seriously wake up at 5:15? Kill me now. Yuck. But the trip looks great!
Looks like you guys had a fun time. The sun and pool look awesome!
That sounded like a great get-a-way! I'm jealous of the sun and swimming! I want warm weather-BAD! I don't know how you get up at 5:15. That still feels like the middle of the night to me (can you tell I'm not a morning person!)
oh it looks like a great time! Is Courtney's hair short? it is so cute! oh the sun- that would be so nice!
Post a Comment