Thursday, June 4, 2009
Last Day of School
I hate the last day of school. Or, more accurately, I just have a really hard time with it. I have a hard time with endings and good-byes. I have grown to love some of these kids so much this year. I have laughed with them, I have cried with them, I have worried over them, I have celebrated with them. They have taught me many lessons, and they have cared for my children in the daycare. I hate to say good-bye. Especially to the seniors. I am so fortunate to have a job I love so much. I can't imagine doing anything else. Graduation is tomorrow, and I don't know if I can stand to say good-bye again. I may have to slip out before it's all over. I am so excited for these kids, and scared for them. I love getting to work with these intelligent, talented, creative, compassionate, energetic, crazy people. I love seeing what they are capable of. Emo ramble over.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I love that you're so involved and dedicated, Shannon. You do such a great job. Congrats on finishing another year.
I hope all of my children's teachers love their jobs and are as dedicated as you. I hope you enjoy your summer.
You are AWESOME!!
how was that emo?!?
Post a Comment