Today I gave my students a journal assignment to make a list of things you want to do before you die. Here is my own list:
1 Drive the length of the Pacific Coast Highway.
2 Go to an NFL game.
3 Learn to swing dance.
4 Travel to Italy, Greece, Spain, and Costa Rica.
5 Drive Route 66 from L.A. to Chicago.
6 Visit all 50 states.
7 Go to Mardi Gras.
8 Learn to ski (better).
9 Play blackjack at Caesar's Palace.
10 Stay at the Mandalay Bay.
11 Get a tatoo (actually I have 2 in mind that I want).
12 Own a 1962 Corvette.
13 See the Eagles, Garth Brooks, and Aerosmith (again) in concert.
14 Get a master's degree in either American Literature or some sort of gender studies.
15 Go to law school.
16 Learn to quilt.
17 Speak Spanish in a Spanish-speaking country.
18 Visit every county, state park, and national park in Utah
19 Go to DisneyWorld.
20 Stay on a houseboat at Lake Powell.
That's not the end... there are a bunch more, but I wanted to stop at 20.
So let's see.... This week has been crazy. Lexi wouldn't go to sleep last night if I put her down. Sean ended up finally sleeping in a chair with her. I finally reached that "bring it on" point where you just don't care anymore. Like, I'm so bloody tired that nothing can phase me now, so just bring it on. School is just... loco. I don't even want to think about that. Sean is still working 12 hour days and then he often stops off here and there after work, so that makes things even nuttier around here with me trying to do it all. Last night I ended up taking the two littles with me to YW New Beginnings. Not smart. I ended up out in the hall for half the thing because neither Josh nor Lexi could be quiet. On a side note: You'll be happy to know that there was no gratuitous crying at YW this time. And the program presenter had an awesome Australian accent so it was very nice to listen to him.
Superbowl... Yay Giants! Yay Manning! We came within a hair... a hair I tell you... of winning $100 right before half time. If the Giants had just made that touchdown. Ah well.
Survivor... 2 thumbs up so far! I really enjoyed tonight's episode. I liked most of the fans, although we didn't get to see much of them. There were a few wackadoos, but most seemed cool. Of the favorites, I still love Jonathon and Yau. Ozzy is dead to me now that he hooked up with Amanda, and dude... are you serious? You guys haven't brushed your teeth or taken a shower in 5 days and you want to be making out? I still hate Parvati with the fire of a thousand burning nuns, and she's pushed James from "eh" to "bleh" with their little hookup. Fairplay was actually fairly normal this time, which was his plan I'm sure. He got to say he was a favorite, make over his image, and then not have to spend a couple weeks living in the dirt.
Well, I'm off to bed. Yay for the weekend!
Thursday, February 7, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Fun post, Shannon. I think I may steal your idea for my blog, since you're so cool. After all, imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.
Wow, that makes my life seem really boring. I'll go to Italy with you. That sounds great!
LOVE the 20 things. Those are seriously adventurous! Have you seen the movie "the Bucket List"? May parents went and saw it and said it was more depressing than they were expecting. But, a good movie.
when you email me will you tell me who kerri, heather and wendi are? sorry to be nosey.. I am just curious.. sisters? or sil's? if you girls are reading.. I am shannon's sil- married to sean's little brother curt..
greece and italy are on my list too.. we can go together!
a tattoo? really? of what? my sil is a star wars fan.. sabrina my newest sil.. had the luke and leah on her wedding cake.. anyway, she has some star wars symbol tattoo.. I don't recognize.. anyway.. fill me in on that too!
Post a Comment