Monday, December 10, 2007

long day

I just got home from Parent-Teacher Conference, ate some dinner, and it's time for bed. I hate long days like these. I have talked to so many kids and parents over the last few days that have so many problems... I'm starting to feel like a social worker instead of a teacher. Can't we just read some Steinbeck? Have a discussion about archetypes and symbolism and punctuation? No?

So Santa came to the daycare last week, and that was fun for Josh. Lexi, not so much. She cried the minute she got onto his lap. I'm told that Josh asked Santa for the following: a car, a big house, a real puppy, and candy canes. When he repeated the list back to me later, he added "something amazing". Not sure what that is... just that he wants it to be amazing. So. Sign me up for "something amazing" as well.

I can't believe how fast this month is flying by. We went to see a Christmas light display Saturday night, and Josh loved it. I still have so much Christmas stuff left to do.

Survivor is winding to an end. Not sure who to root for... So many of the people turned out to be meh this season. I guess I'll go for P.G. since she's had to work so hard just to stay in it. I want to like Denise and her lunch lady mullet, but she's just too passive for my taste. Amazing Race, though, is turning out pretty awesome. My favorite teams are still in it.

Well, Miss Sassy Pants is calling my name, so off I go.

4 comments:

Heather said...

P.G.!? No way! Anybody but her or Courtney! ;)

Long days are hard. Conferences are hard...you'll have to do something really fun this weekend to counteract it all.

Lauralee said...

oh I don't know who I want to win- now that james is gone.. I agree anyone but courtney! ugh!

Pete said...

PG...yuck! She is the most obnoxious! Wait...2nd most obnoxious (Courtney takes the cake). Every time PG talks I get really annoyed!

Pete said...

Sorry Shan, but it was time for PG to go!Lets get rid of Courtney and we'll be all set!